It goes almost without saying that Baccarat has a special place among online casino games. The game is a lot easier to play – It follows strict yet straightforward rules which call for sharp and witty thinking.
This write-up touches on important details you need to know about online Baccarat. It highlights the game’s history, its rules, and frequently asked questions about the game. By the end of this post, you’ll most likely be an informed online baccarat player, and who knows? Win big, hopefully!
Top Casinos to Play Online Baccarat in 2021:
|1||Welcome Bonus 100% Up To 35000KES||Claim Bonus22Bet Casino Review|
|2||Welcome Bonus 300% up to $1,000||Claim BonusLady Linda Slots Casino Review|
|3||Welcome Bonus Package $1500||Claim Bonus888 Casino Review|
|4||Welcome Bonus Package $1500||Claim Bonus777 Casino Review|
|5||Welcome Bonus Package $3000 + 150 Free Spins||Claim BonusJackMillion Casino Review|
|6||Welcome Bonus Up To €1500 + 150 Free Spins||Claim Bonus1xSlots Casino Review|
|7||Impressive Library of 500+ Casino Games||Claim BonusBetway Casino Review|
The History of Baccarat
Baccarat’s history dates back to more than 500 years in medieval Italy. Back then, it was a preserve for the rich. Aristocrats loved it. However, with the emergence of online casinos, the game been accessible to everyone.
Historians credit Felix Falguiere as the brains behind Baccarat. He aptly named the game ‘bacarra’, which is Italian for zero. It is easy to understand why – while playing Baccarat, all the tens and face cards are worth zero. Strangely, Baccarat became more popular in France than its own home country. It became so popular in France that the French spelling ‘baccarat’ was eventually adopted worldwide.
It is widely believed that the Italian ‘bacarra’ was inspired by an old Etruscan legend of a beautiful virgin who had to shake and throw a nine-sided dice. The result of the throw determined the virgin’s fate. She would be admitted into priesthood if she threw an eight or a 9. A 6 or a seven meant would be allowed to live but couldn’t participate in community and religious events. Anything lower than 6 meant she would be banished to the depths of the sea.
While the Etruscan legend of the virgin is not by any means a nice tale, it nonetheless gave birth to the initial rules of the Baccarat. Although no one gets banished to the sea with a throw of less than 6, they usually lose the game.
Notably, Baccarat still retained its class even after crossing the border to France and England. The game was in fact, King Charles VIII’s favourite game. The French king played it with the noblemen who surrounded him. It soon because the rage within the French aristocracy where it was referred to as Chemin de Fer. Englishmen loved the game as much as their Italian and Frenchmen did. It was actually in England where Ian Fleming first learnt how to play Baccarat. He then creates one of the world’s most popular characters – James Bond.
Baccarat has over the years, moved on to other countries. It has since gone through several variations, yet the concept remains the same. Arguably, Baccarat’s fame and fortune took a different spin in 1950 when it was first introduced to Americans. Shortly after, the casino owners in Las Vegas marketed it an alternative to popular games like Roulette and Slot Machines.
The 1990s saw Baccarat take an even more interesting twist when it went online. It quickly became the rage with low betting minimums. The fact that online fun came along without hotel and travel expenses made it even more fun. Provided you had an internet connection, you could play the game. That’s still the case today.
|1||Welcome Bonus Package $3000 + 150 Free Spins||Claim BonusJackMillion Casino Review|
How to Play Baccarat
Baccarat is all about betting. The players bet on two sides – the player’s side, (i.e., the “banker” aka the dealer) or for a tie. Cards 2 to 9 are face value, while a 10, jack, queen and king cards have a value of zero. Contrarily, an ace is worth one.
How does the game begin?
In a classic Baccarat game, a dealer uses six to eight decks of cards, and the game begins with dealing two hands on the table, i.e., The Banker’s Hand and the Player’s Hand. For each (Player and Banker), you are dealt with two cards, but face up. The point? To get a hand that totals close to nine.
For instance, any Player hand you bet on, and it results to closes to nine, you simply get double of what you bet as winnings.
Ideally, if you bet on the Banker’s hand and it wins, you receive 95 % of your wager. However, if cards dealt exceed nine, sum the two and drop the one (or two), i.e., the first digit, to get the value. That means it’s the second digit that’s counted.
Take a look at this example:
The Banker’s Hand – receives seven and nine, totalling to 16. Drop the first digit, i.e., one, and the Banker will have 6 points.
The Player’s Hand – receives nine and three, totaling up to 12. Similarly, drop one, and so the player gets two points.
Therefore, in this hand of Baccarat, the Banker wins the wager.
Rules to keep in mind
A natural win – A score of eight or nine is called a natural win, and any one getting that score during a handoff Baccarat is a winner – player or the bank or both. If this scenario occurs, no additional cards are dealt, and all cards initially placed can be cashed out.
When to add a card – This occurs in cases where there aren’t natural wins. If the player (bets first) hits a total of 6 or 7 will require an additional (third) card on a score of less than five.
The play may not draw an extra/third card. In this case, Banker stays on a total of 6 or 7 but draws a card on a total of 0-5. Or else if the player draws a third card as:
- Ace – face-card, 9, or 10, the Banker draws on a 0-3 score and stays on a 4-7 score
- 8 – the Banker draws on less than two scores and stays on a 3-7 score
- 6 or 7 – the Banker draws on a less than six score and stays on a total of seven
- 4 or 5 – the Banker draws on a less than five score and stays on a total of six or seven
- 2 or 3 – the Banker draws on a less than four score and stays on a total of 5, 6, or 7.
After dealing all cards, counts the score to determine the winner, i.e., the one with scores closest to nine.
The Tie (Final Betting Option)
In Baccarat, as in any other game, no one wins at times.
In case of a draw, i.e., the player and the banker tie (similar points), bot receive their bets back. Thus, no one wins, or no one loses. But they receive payments only on the tie bets. The pay-out on tie bets varies between 8:1 and 9:1.
Keep in mind; you can place other bets other than the player’s hand. However, you’ll not always win when the player wins.
Now, what makes Baccarat even more exciting game is the low house edge. A Banker bet has 1.06% house edge while a Player bet has 1.36%. So most of the time, you’ll win. Though a tie bet has higher house edge – 14.4%, its pay-out is generous – 8:1 to 9:1.
Understanding what different Baccarat terminologies is fundamental for you to enjoy the game and win big. Check out the following terms each time you play online Baccarat.
- Action – it refers to 3 different things in Baccarat. It can refer to the amount of money you want to wager in a single session. It can also be a hand’s action and what is happening on the hand. Lastly, it can refer to the total amount of money wagered.
- Baccarat – It refers to zero. It also refers to the worst possible value in the game.
- Banco – It means The Banker.
- Bankroll – It means the total amount of money a Baccarat player has to wager.
- Carte – Refers to when a player wishes to be dealt a new card. It is the same as a hit.
- Cheval – It’s not common in all online Baccarat. It appears in some form of online Baccarats which allow a player to have to hands. Anytime a player wins on both hands, they can claim one round as won. If they win on only one hand, then the round is considered a tie.
- Commission – online Baccarat operators always take a 5% commission on winnings from a successful bet on the Banker. This ensures that the house edge on all bets remains in the online casino’s favour.
- Coup – a hand or round is known as a coup.
- Credits – They are units used to wager in a session. The credits have a cash denomination.
- Burning – discard the top three – six cards immediately after shuffling the cards and just before the beginning of a new game.
- House Edge – it’s a house’s theoretical advantage, i.e., the house always wins a particular percentage over a player in the long to ensure they remain profitable.
- Callman – one of the three dealers operating the baccarat table, and is responsible for manning all cards – positioning, deciding on drawing of hands and announcing winners.
- Down Card – a card that isn’t visible to those on the table since the dealer deals it face down.
- Face Card – it’s a card bearing a person’s image, aka, picture cards.
- Up Card – it’s a card that the dealer deals it face-up.
Baccarat Tips and Strategies
Quit when you’re winning – This is undoubtedly the most popular tip. But other strategies can boost your chances of winning big in an online Baccarat. For instance, always play short sessions and have a limit. Set your goal on say, 50 sessions then quit even if you made a loss. The house must always win, remember.
Bet On Banker – Many websites recommend betting on the Banker. But what does it mean? A banker bet is termed as the most favourable when it comes odds. Why? It possesses the least house advantage, making it the most popular Baccarat betting option.
The pay out on a winning bet is 1:1. However, there is a 5% commission – deducted from your winning bets. It can drastically affect your earnings.
Bet on the Player – This is the opposite of betting on a banker. Though the rules are not favourable, this option doesn’t deduct anything from you winnings. Thus, allowing you huge winnings. Statistically, it is the bet that pays more. By the way; bets pay off 1 to 1.
The Tie Bet – They have the best pay off. It is usually 8:1, but it can at times be 9:1 when you get it right. Enthusiasts advise against placing a tie bet. Its house edge is as high as 14.4%, which is much higher than betting on the Banker (1.06%) and the player (1.36%).
You can try your luck since a tie bet on Baccarat relies more on luck. Though, not favourable, tie bets are really rewarding.
Positive vs Negative Progressions – Baccarat progression systems are strategies to help you figure out when to increase or decrease your bets.
With the positive progression systems, you increase your wager when you win and decrease it when you lose. On the other hand, in negative progression, you increase your stake when you’re yielding and reduce it when you’re winning. These are pleasant strategies, but there isn’t proof they work.
The most popular one include:
- Martingale – keep doubling until you get a winning hand; a winning hand will re-coop all your losses. But if you begin a hand by winning, continue placing the low entry bet. This strategy is excellent when there is no limit. For instance, you bet $3 and lose; your next bet should be $6. However, if you win on the first, you bet with $3 again.
- Paroli – this system takes advantage of winning streaks. For instance, you bet $1 on a banker, then win. Again, you bet $2 on the player and win. This gives you a sense of winning streak – so you bet $4, and, again win. Now consider walking away – all streaks end at some point.
|1||Welcome Bonus 100% Up To 35000KES||Claim Bonus22Bet Casino Review|
Online Baccarat features the following main variations:
Punto Banco – It is the most popular online baccarat variation. It is also the most simplified version, so the game is easier for newbies. In Punto Banco Baccarat, the casino is always the dealer. The player has three betting options – the Banker, the Player or a tie.
Chemin de fer – It is sometimes referred to the French or the Original Baccarat version. Note that Chemin de fer means railway in French. The rules are simple. If the Bank losses around, the Banker must change. Originally, the cards were stashed in an iron box which looked like a train when it moved on to a different player. The player left from the original Banker is free to become the new dealer.
Baccarat en Banque – The bank is fixed. It is also house operated. Players are allowed to auction for the Banker’s position and proceed to make the only allowed bet which is always the highest wager on the table determined by auction.
There are more types of baccarat and thanks to the technological advancements in the online gambling industry you can find a lot of different variations of this game such as Super Pan 9, Three Card Baccarat, Mini Baccarat and more.
Play Baccarat Online
You must’ve heard that playing Baccarat online is more appealing than playing it offline. While it mostly goes down to personal preference, there’s no doubt; playing online calls for extra diligence.
- Where to Play Online – Be keen when choosing where to play. Go for websites that are known to pay big. Make sure your choice has a positive reputation amongst fellow gambling enthusiasts. You may as well desire to learn whether your desired website has had security concerns before.
- Play Baccarat from your mobile – You can play Baccarat on the go from your mobile phone. You only need to have a handset that can easily access online baccarat websites with ease.
- License and Security – Online gambling has always been a target of scammers. That shouldn’t come as a surprise, mainly because it is a multibillion industry. That said, find out if your preferred website is licensed to operate. As already stated, double-check if the website has had security issues before.
- Bonuses – Everyone loves a bonus. It gets even better if the bonus comes after a win. Not all websites offer them, so take your time to find the ones with the most lucrative bonuses on winnings or first-time cash deposits.
- Payment Options – Credit and debit cards stand out as the standard payment options in many online Baccarat websites. There are other payment options too like Stripe, Paypal, and even Bitcoin.
- Type of Game from Good Software – The most crucial thing in any online Baccarat session is the software program running the game online. That explains why many online gambling sites that offer live online Baccarat usually make a licensing deal with online casino software developers with studios from different countries from where they broadcast real-time gaming and card games. Playtech, Evolution Gaming, NetEnt, and Extreme Live Gaming are all excellent examples of software providers that partner with online casino companies.
Free to Play vs Real Money
Everyone has access to real money Baccarat. Since Baccarat isn’t a technical game, you can master it within a short time. With a few strategies, you can win real money on the various baccarat games. What’s more, some of these games offer bonuses. This is something you don’t get on the Free to play Baccarat.
By contrast, the free to play Baccarat is an excellent place to begin. The platform allows you to refine your skills in preparation for playing for real money. Additionally, it helps test whether playing Baccarat game is worth it.
The standout thing about Online Baccarat is its simplicity and the fact that all players begin on an equal footing. If you know how to add numbers, then you can win your bets on Baccarat.
Players have only three betting options – you bet on the Banker, on the player, or a tie. Such simplicity gives higher odds of winning.
Still, there is a possibility of drawing a third card, which dramatically increases your chances of winning.
Well, as you can see the game is simple and fast, but very addictive and attractive. It is perfect for enjoying your time in an online casino. Moreover, this entertainment has a pretty higher return percentage than the vast majority of other games, so we strongly recommend you to take your time and learn this interesting game.
Not at all. It is true that betting on a Banker gives you better odds than betting on a player, but you’re free to free to bet on the Banker, the Player, or a tie.
Yes, you can win real money by playing Baccarat, it is a game of chance and you have to know when you will stop the game because in long run there is a chance to lose money too.
There are three main variations – Punto Banco, Chemin de Fer, and Banque variations. But of course, there are dozens of different types of Baccarat, especially in online casinos
Not all Live Baccarat tables are the same. It all depends on the software developer behind a live Baccarat table. Either way, your best bet is to follow the instructions and read the terms and conditions before playing. The main differences between digital and live casino versions are that you can't usually play for free live baccarat and result are not generated by a computer, otherwise, the gameplay is quite similar.
There are many strategies to win such as a bet on a banker or the tie bet, but the main thing is that you need to remember Baccarat is a game of luck, not skill so if you are on a losing streak try not to push it.
|1||Welcome Bonus Package $1500||Claim Bonus777 Casino Review|